Statutory and Non – Statutory Bodies in an Autonomous College
The college has the following committees to ensure proper management of Academic,
Financial and General Administrative Affairs.
Administration and Academic Affairs
- Executive Committee / Governing Body
- Finance Committee
- Academic Council
- Standing Committee
- Board of Studies
- Autonomous / Examination Committee
- Appeal and Grievances Committee
- Planning and Evaluation Committee
- Admission Committee
- Student Welfare and Extra-curricular Committee
- Library Committee
- The college works in two semesters, the First semester from June to October and the
Second semester from November to April. The number of actual teaching days is as per
calendar in an Academic Year with a minimum of 90 days per semester.
The college follows the rules of the University of Madras that are currently in force.
Attendance to classes and Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) tests are compulsory
- Students should have a minimum attendance of 75% of the days in the Semester for
- Students who have earned 65% - 74% of attendance are permitted to appear for
Semester Examination with condonation fee.
- Students who have earned 50% - 64% of attendance are ‘Not Eligible’ to appear for the
Semester Examination. But can proceed to the next year / next semester and they can
appear for next University Examination by paying the prescribed condonation fee of
- Students with less than 50% of attendance are ‘Not Eligible’ to appear for Semester Examination and
they have to obtain prior permission of the university to redo the semester.
- The candidates who have earned 0% of attendance have to repeat the course (by
rejoining) without proceeding to succeeding semester. They have to obtain prior
permission of the university to rejoin the course.